Thursday, April 28, 2016

What Park Would You Visit? (Continued)

The next park I absolutely want to visit is Banff National Park.  This park is in Canada, and none too close either, like other side of the country above Washington.  It would take 34 hours to get there from Fredonia, but no big deal (I'll make sure to fly or bring a group of people for driving).  So Banff National Park is pretty amazing.  Banff was actually Canada's first founded national park, and the third to be established in the world in 1833.  The park is made up of 2,564 miles of valleys, mountains, glaciers, meadows, and rivers.  Banff is also home to the Canadian Rockies.




Besides the hiking and the scenery, Banff also has Hot Springs!  It's pretty cool because the Rockies are in the background, so you can relax in a hot spring and look at the mountains (pictured below).



Banff also has a series of cave systems with mineral springs inside which were discovered in 1885.  The water from the springs flows outside of cave and has an emerald color to it.

Banff offers hiking, skiing, white water rafting, and a lot of other activities to partake in.  The park also has a fantastic museum from what I can tell from the website, giving a history of Banff as well as Jasper and Glacier National Parks.

And finally one of the most iconic pictures (pictured above as the first picture) is Lake Moraine.  The scenery there is just breathtaking.  There is a hike that leads you out to this view (also pictured below) which is called the Rockpile Trail.  Sometimes the trails around the Lake are closed due to grizzly bear sightings (a little scary) but I would hope that on my trip I wouldn't encounter one.




I think of all the parks I would want to visit, I definitely think this one would be the most breathtaking in terms of views.  I hope I can one day visit, because it really does look like a pretty spectacular place.  I have former friends from high school who actually just took a trip there on their spring break and their pictures definitely made me want to go even more.  They even did a helicopter tour over Banff, Jasper, and Glacier which just sounds like an amazing experience.  So I hope to one day make it here!  Feel free to comment your dream park that you would one day like to visit and it doesn't have to be in the U.S (this one wasn't)!  Who knows, maybe one day you'll have the opportunity to visit.




4 comments:

  1. Sam, I'm so glad I checked out your blog! I love to travel, hike, and be outside so I'm super interested in what you have to say. The pictures Banff Nat. Park are unreal, I would one day love to visit there. While I studied abroad I traveled to the southern tip of Chile and visited Torres del Paine Nat. Park... which has become my favorite place in the entire world (thus far). It is absolutely breathtaking and I am planning to revisit one day! -Maria Gordon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment, Maria! Chile sounds amazing! That's so cool! I hope you get to go back one day!

      Delete
  2. Hi! I'm upset I never checked out your blog earlier. I love the national parks and when I travel, I not only try to visit cities across the country, but also national parks. It says a lot about the region in which they are in. This place is absolutely beautiful and I would love to go. I'm going to visit my sister in Seattle this summer and want to try to fit this in somehow. I really do appreciate this blog. It really is an important topic that I think a lot of people our age don't think about. We take the national parks for granted, but it's nice to have this large, protected nature spaces all across the country. I hope your blog inspires people to do their best to check out what we have locally as well as across the country (and world)! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Garrett! I'm glad you share my interest as well! Yeah, I agree people are totally missing out. I hope you get to visit Banff when you go to Seattle, that would be so awesome! Thanks for your comment!

      Delete