Thursday, April 21, 2016

What Park Would You Visit?

For these last two blog posts, I am going to talk about two national parks that I will definitely be visiting at some point in my life.  After I talk about mine, feel free to comment what your dream park visit would be!

The first park on my list is Yosemite National Park.  This park is definitely one of the most iconic in terms of its landscape.  Within the 1,200 miles of park land you can find waterfalls, meadows, and deep valleys. Two rivers run through Yosemite National Park, which are the Tuolumne and Merced rivers.  There are also some pretty magnificent waterfalls.  Lower falls in Yosemite is one of the pictures that most people have probably seen when they hear about Yosemite.  Lower Falls is one of North America's tallest waterfalls at 320 feet tall! (pictured below):

Upper and Lower Yosemite Falls from the Lower Yosemite Fall trail

   
Another part of Yosemite that I want to visit is hiking the Half Dome.  The Half Dome rises 5,000 feet from the ground in Yosemite and is apparently a very hard hike.  The entire hike to reach the top is a 14-16 mile round-trip.  So it's not for the faint-hearted, but I'm definitely up for the challenge and the view from the summit is supposedly breathtaking.  If I want to hike this trail, I would have to leave really early in the morning, I guess it takes 10 to 12 hours to hike it (pictured below), but I mean just look at that view, I totally think it's worth it!














And finally, Glacier Point.  Glacier Point is where you can see all of Yosemite, including the Half Dome, the waterfalls I mentioned, and a lot more.  (pictured below)

I definitely chose Yosemite because there are so many sites to see, and some are accessible by car (like Glacier Point), but also by hike like the Half Dome.  I like the challenge of if I want to see a view I have to hike there myself.  I'm sure the satisfaction of the view is twice as great because you spent the whole day hiking up there.

Be sure to comment the park you'd love to visit!

People looking out from Glacier Point towards Half Dome.

(photos from Google and Yosemite National Park, Park Service website)

No comments:

Post a Comment